Whimsical Baby Onesie with Hand-Appliqued Batik Llama features a sweet hand-appliqued animal in bright batik. Fabric colors will vary slightly.
SUSTAINABILITY AND VALUES:
- Women-founded and run brand.
- Designed by an all-female team in St. Louis, MO.
- Batik fabric made in Indonesia.
- WRAP-certified onesie sourced in Ballground, GA.
- Hand-crafted by fairly paid, resettled refugee and immigrant women in St. Louis, MO.
CARE AND QUALITY:
- 100% cotton.
- Colorfast and machine washable.
Meet Jen, owner of Forai (Friends of Refugees and Immigrants). Forai’s products are all created by refugee and immigrant women. Jen wanted to provide a practical way to meet the needs of newcomers, particularly women who were not able to work full-time outside of the home, by providing a way for them to earn money from home and also enter relationships with American women. Forai works to foster dignity and help these women’s stories be heard. They help empower them economically with income earned from their work. And Forai creates community, a space where women from different backgrounds and cultures are mutually giving and receiving.