Indra Staple Earrings
Sweet, dainty. The Indra Staple earrings with hand-hammered detail in sterling silver are perfect for every day. Named for our refugee artisan Indra from Bhutan.
SUSTAINABILITY AND VALUES:
- Women-founded and run brand.
- Designed by an all-female team in St. Louis, MO.
- Sterling silver are sustainably-sourced in Albuquerque, NM.
- Hand-crafted by fairly paid, resettled refugee and immigrant women in St. Louis, MO.
CARE AND QUALITY:
- Sterling silver.
- Asymmetrical, 1/2" drop.
- Store with jewelry of the same tone (silver with silver, gold with gold).
- Gently polish with a jewelry polishing cloth as needed.
Meet Jen, owner of Forai (Friends of Refugees and Immigrants). Forai’s products are all created by refugee and immigrant women. Jen wanted to provide a practical way to meet the needs of newcomers, particularly women who were not able to work full-time outside of the home, by providing a way for them to earn money from home and also enter relationships with American women. Forai works to foster dignity and help these women’s stories be heard. They help empower them economically with income earned from their work. And Forai creates community, a space where women from different backgrounds and cultures are mutually giving and receiving.